Media Lario designs and manufactures mirrors for X-ray Space Telescopes using a variety of processes and technologies. The optical systems of the telescopes are often characterized by the need for light-weight, uniquely shaped mirrors, often tubular in structure, with demanding optical performance. Media Lario has developed technologies for this application, most notably its patented electro-formed mirror process where mirror structures are grown in a coating bath and are characterized by their thinness, thus being light weight, and able to be nested tightly in unique structures for high performance.
- 2019-2030 eXTP for CAS - Space X-ray Telescope
- 2018-2021 Einstein Probe for CAS - Space X-ray Telescope
- 2015-2026 ATHENA for ESA – X-ray optical system integration.
- 2013 EROSITA for MPE – 7 mirror modules, 54 mirrors / module, 0.2 – 0.5mm thick.
- 2010 NHXM for ASI – Mirror process technology development.
- 1999 XMM for ESA – 3 mirror modules, 58 mirrors / module, 0.5 – 1mm thick.
- 1995 JET-X -> SWIFT for NASA – 12 mirrors / module, 0.4 – 1.5mm thick.
- 1993 Beppo SAX for ASI – 4 mirror modules, 30 mirrors / module, 0.4-2mm thick.